It doesn't surprise a lot of people when they know that getting a life insurance plan is something ...
There are a ton of websites out there offering life insurance. Picking one as the source for your quote requires some analysis. Here are some tips:
- Choose one website that represents many major life insurance companies, rather than wasting your time going from site to site. Whether you go through a broker or directly to an insurance company, the price is the same.
- Make sure you choose a site that doesn’t ask for personal information. You shouldn’t need to provide contact information, or any other personally-identifiable data just to get a quote.
- Choose a website that provides actual quotes, and not merely a list of companies for you to contact on your own.
- While it’s true that no quote is guaranteed, be certain that the quotes you receive are based in reality – your reality – and that they use the same underwriting criteria as the actual insurers.
- Before entering any personal information, be sure the web page is secure. If it isn’t displaying a Secure Seal, it should at least have a quote engine web address that begins with ‘https’.