There are key elements concerning President Obama’s health care plan that have United States’ citizens very concerned. Feeling powerless to intervene, many Americans are experiencing dread about rationing care, increased costs, increased taxes and an excessive governmental control concerning individual medical issues. Consider the following troublesome facts concerning the new democratic plan:
- In essence, the United States goverment is taking over the entire realm of health care provision. Treatments will become more expensive. Care will be rationed and limited for individuals. Medical decisions will be determined by beuracratic control instead of individual choice. The fear is that lower-quality, more expensive care will result.
- More than 100,000,000 Americans will be forced out of their current health care plans. That’s nearly 1/3 of the population – and that’s not even taking into account those who are uninsured.
- The democratic-controlled House of Representatives will establish an advisory committee which will determine the limit of patient treatments and cures available. Patients and their doctors will no longer be in control of the decision-making process.
- Americans will be forced to choose between paying for the government’s sponsored health care plan or being subjected to heavy taxation. Not wanting to incur these taxes to Washington, Americans will be forced into compliance.
- Thousands of small businesses will also be forced to pay heavy taxes in order to offset governmental expenditures for health care provision. many small business owners will be unable to afford to remain in operation.
- Medicaid and Medicare programs will be expanded without reformations. Countless millions of senior citizens and their dependents will be left insolvent.
- The massive costs of these new health care provision regulations will be shoveled on to the American taxpayers.
President Obama’s new health care plan will force millions of middle and lower-class Americans into succumbing to inferior health care provision standards. In addition, small businesses will suffer by the tens of thousands. And of course, the democrats defend the plan diligently. They claim that the long-term benefits generated and the reformation of the current health care system will be ultimately advantageous. And since the wheels are already so fluently in motion, it seems that little can be done to stop the momentum.